Kenya’s Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) early this week announced job vacancies in the commission that will see successful applicants be engaged in the coming 2022 general elections.
From the major requirements that were set by IEBC, one of them is that one must be a Kenyan citizen and be available for a period specified by the commission.
As the norm has always been, teachers happen to be the first ones who apply for such like jobs. TSC having discovered this, it has gone ahead to do the unimaginable.
Since TSC has over time fought absenteeism in schools, it has also discovered that some teachers who will be involved in the IEBC jobs will tend to absent themselves from schools hence disadvantaging learners.
The reason why TSC has seen it wise to bar this teachers is because the exercise has been scheduled to take place amid congested term dates meaning the teachers in question will have no time to attend to learners.
Requirements for Appointment for Iebc jobs
- Must have a minimum of Bachelor degree in Commerce, Economics or Business Administration from a recognized university.
- Must possess a postgraduate diploma in Procurement/Supply Chain, Management from a recognized institution of higher learning or a professional body.
- Must be a member of a professional procurement body.
- Must have 6 years of working experience in procurement.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills, team player, good management and leadership skills.
- Must be computer literate and possess good analytical skills.
- Must be conversant with the provisions of the Public Procurement & Disposal Act and Regulations.
- Must be a person of unquestioned integrity.