Education Ministry CS Prof Magoha has rubbished claims that the government has plans to postpone KCPE and KCSE national exams. Speaking during daily press briefings by Ministry of Health on Coronavirus, Magoha said there is no reason whatsoever to postpone exams yet the students have only lost three weeks of this year’s academic calendar.

According to the CS, there are number of backroom case scenarios which his Ministry will rely on in decision-making processes. Inner sources indicate that the schools will not open until the country recover fully from the epandemic. Not even any amount of reduction in the infection of Covid-19 can change the decision. This is to avoid second infections of the disease as witnessed in China now.

Althogh Magoha is confident that the exams will go on as planned, he literated that students will return to school when the schools are safe. Three days prior to the President’s order on closure of all learning institutions in the country, Magoha had insisted that schools would not close aimed at the spread of covid-19.

CS Magoha speaking an a past event

Last month, schools heads and teachers union had called out to the government to postpone the two national exams due to uncertainty of when to open schools due to Coronavirus. This was meant to allow teachers complete the syllabus when the students return. However, the CS told them off and advised parents and learners not listen to such claims.

Although the Professor was confidence that the students will write their papers as earlier planned, statistics projection from the Ministry of education indicate that the earliest the country can be safe for normal operations is by the end of October.

According to this year’s Knec examination timetable, KCPE examinations will start on October 27. KCSE examinations are scheduled to start on November 2 and continue for the following four weeks.

.

Share this

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here