The Kenya National Examinations Council KNEC has given guidelines of reapplying for both KCPE and KCSE certificates if by bad lack you lost them. If you want to apply for the replacement, KNEC directs that you have the following documents:

You will be required to have a copy of the lost certificate or result slip. You will also be required to have a letter of recommendation from head teacher of the school you attended or from County or Sub County Education Officer.

ALSO READ:  Government To Sack All Kazi Mtaani Employees

You must also have a sworn legal affidavit on identity of the applicant, a letter of application from the employer to KNEC, police abstract indicating loss of a certificate and must be done at the point of loss of the document.

The applicant will also be required to have a copy of your ID or passport or birth certificate for those under 18 years. The names in the documents must tally with those used in the certificate. Then finally you will be required to have a KNEC Bank Deposit Slip.

ALSO READ:  Big Blow to BOM Teachers' Salary After Government Move to Reduce School Fees

You will be required to pay a mandatory processing fee of Ksh.5000 plus a 16% VAT of Ksh.800 totaling to Ksh.5800. The money is paid at KNEC collection accounts in any branch of Equity Bank, Co-operative Bank of Kenya, National Bank of Kenya or Kenya Commercial Bank using a KNEC deposit bank slip available in these banks.

The client will then be required to fill the lost certificate application form. The form can be obtained from that KNEC Archive and Record Office or downloaded from KNEC website. After filling the form, the applicant will be required to submit it to KNEC through postal officer or other carrier service providers such as G4S.

ALSO READ:  School Heads To Return All The Irregular Payments Collected From The Parents- Education CS Orders

The certificates are normally ready for collection for collection after a period of sixty (60) working days from KNEC officers. It is important to remember that KNEC will only give a confirmation slip and not an original certificate again.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here