TSC July 2021 Mass recruitment kicked off yesterday with an intention of employing 5,000 teachers countrywide. This year’s employment exercise is abit different with the introduction new requirement for the job. It was the first time the graduation booklet was required for some schools and was used to break ties.
Also the commission for the first time seem to have given an upper hand to intern teachers. They have been previously working on Internship contract for a while now.
However, some intern teachers painfully lost the opportunity to be employed permanently for missing some crucial documents .This happened even after the commission decided to be fair enough to them by awarding them 30 marks advantage .
It has been noted that these candidates fail to carry with them the most important documents to get maximum marks.
The following are the documents that were widely used to award intern teacher 30 marks during the first day of employment exercise.
1. At least three payslips for 2020 and 2021 fully certified by the administrator of your station of service.
2. A recommendation letter, written by the head of institution you were undertaking your internship program.
3. A letter of offer and an Extension letter, written by the county Direct Programme for senior interns
4. A copy of acknowledgement of receipt of application for employment.
Other important documents included
- Gp 69 forms
- Graduation book list that must bear your name
However, every applicant must carry the following to interview room.
- National identification card
- Teacher service commission certificate of registration
- academic certificates
- professional certificates and all official transcripts.
- payment proof confirmation statements by KNEC where applicable
- kra pin certificate
- Two passport size colour photos in respect of a successful candidate
- List of applicants in order of merit list for the advertised vacancies
- NHIf card
- NCPWD( where applicable)
- bank plate
- Certified kcse results for the learners you have been teaching
- Evidence for teaching practice
- certicate of good conduct that is valid
- Affidavits where applicable
- Learners updated performance markbook signed by school principal.